MetaQuotes has overhauled its MetaTrader 5 web terminal to make it responsive for Apple and Android smartphones, the trading platform developer has announced.
Users can now efficiently manage their trading accounts and execute trades in the financial markets without having to download trading apps from the App Store or Google Play.
The move responds to the pains felt by traders and their MT4/MT5 brokers since Apple suspended iOS versions of Apple Store trading platforms.
MT5 brokers will provide terminal URL upon traders request
According to MetaQuotes, MetaTrader 5 Web supports the full set of trading features, including:
- Work with demo and live accounts
- Receive all financial symbol quotes
- Trade on all markets
- Analyze symbol quotes using over 30 indicators
- Use economic calendar data for fundamental analysis
- The new web terminal is available from any iPhone or Android device and from any web browser.
The trading software developer added that the revised MetaTrader 5 web terminal has become faster and more efficient after being redeveloped from the ground up, with a new core that enables faster command response and greater operational stability, while being securely encrypted.
To access the new MetaTrader 5 web terminal, traders should contact their broker and request the terminal’s URL, where they can specify their account credentials and proceed with online trading.
It was in October that MetaQuotes announced the revised web terminal for MetaTrader 5, but without Android and iOS responsiveness.
The major update which included a wide range of new features, including:
- Convenient symbol setup in Market Watch, as well as daily price change data
- Ability to apply for real accounts with detailed registration form and document submission options
- More analytical objects with extended management options
- Market entries and exits displayed on charts
- Economic calendar events displayed on charts
- Support for price data subscriptions and the ability to receive delayed quotes
- Significantly simplified interface
- The mobile version has a responsive interface for iOS and Android devices
The latest version allows the web terminal to run on each broker’s access server and ensures maximum security and full control for the broker.
The MetaTrader 5 web-based platform supports trading currencies, stocks and futures from any web browser, any operating system, without installing any additional software.
Companies with valid web terminal licenses can install the new version on their servers and start using it at no additional cost. Companies that do not have a web terminal can order it through the MetaQuotes technical support website.
MetaQuotes is a pioneer in FX trading technology that caters to brokerages, banks, exchanges and hedge funds. The company’s flagship products, MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5, are used daily by millions of users and thousands of financial institutions.