This tutorial explains how to update web browsers on PC. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Update Web Browsers on PC. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Update Web Browsers on PC
Keeping your web browser up to date is very important. Outdated web browsers can have serious security issues. By running an old web browser, you may also miss useful new features supported by modern browsers. For most Internet users, their browser is their window on the Internet. You use it to browse websites and display those sites for you, allowing you to follow links and explore everything the internet has to offer. There are many different browsers, but four of them account for over 95% of all browsers in use today: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
Programmers who develop browsers are constantly updating them, adding new features, improving performance, changing appearance and improving browser security. The last part is particularly important. Attackers and websites can exploit browser security vulnerabilities and infect your computer with malware, Trojans, and viruses.
Regular updates to your browser fix security issues when discovered and protect your computer against similar attacks. Getting a web browser is easy. Internet Explorer comes pre-installed with the Windows operating system, while Safari comes with Apple operating systems. Firefox and Chrome can be downloaded and installed by visiting their respective websites (using a different browser).
How to Update Web Browsers on PC
Google Chrome updates automatically as new versions are released. To check for the latest version of Chrome or update it manually, follow these steps.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome settings button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, move your mouse cursor over Help.
- From the side menu that appears, select About Google Chrome.
- In the next window, Chrome automatically checks for updates and displays the current version. If updates have been installed, click the Relaunch button to restart the browser.
On an Android phone or tablet, the Chrome browser should update automatically, just like other apps. However, if automatic updates are not working, open the Google Play app to check for an updated version of Chrome browser.
Mozilla Firefox should automatically download updates and notify you when they are available for installation. To make sure you have the latest version of Firefox or to update it manually, follow these steps:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the Open Firefox Menu app menu button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, click on the Help option at the bottom.
- Select About Firefox from the Firefox Help side menu.
- In the window that appears, Firefox automatically checks for updates and displays the current version. If updates have been installed, click the Restart button to update Firefox.
Microsoft Edge updates automatically as new public versions are released. To check for the latest version of Edge or update it manually, follow these steps.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Click the Settings icon and more Microsoft Edge Plus menu in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu that appears at the bottom, hover your mouse cursor over Help & Feedback, then select About Microsoft Edge from the side menu.
- When the following window opens, Edge will automatically update if it is not the latest version. Edge browser update
- If Edge has been updated, click the Restart button in Edge. button to refresh the browser.
Microsoft updates Internet Explorer through the Windows Update feature. As long as you regularly install Windows updates from Microsoft, the latest version of Internet Explorer will be installed.
- Press the Windows key, type Check for updates and press Enter.
- In the middle of the window that appears, in the Windows Update section, click Check for updates.
If Windows Automatic Updates is not enabled in Windows 8 and earlier versions, you need to manually update Internet Explorer on your computer by following these steps.
- Open Control Panel.
- Open the Windows Update utility.
- In the left navigation pane, click the Check for updates link.
- You can choose to install all available updates or select the updates you want to install.
If Apple Updates is enabled, Safari should update automatically. To check for the latest version of Safari or update it manually, follow these steps.
- Open the Apple menu by clicking the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Select App Store from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the window that appears, click the select updates button at the bottom of the left navigation pane.
- Find Safari and click Update (or click Update All to update all apps).
Safari on iPad or iPhone:
On an iPad or iPhone, the Safari browser should update automatically, just like other apps. However, if automatic updates aren’t working, open the App Store and check the Updates section to see if there’s a Safari update available for download.
Opera should update automatically. However, if you want to check the version or update it manually, follow the steps below.
- Open Opera web browser.
- Click the Opera Menu button in Opera. icon in the upper left corner of the window.
- In the drop-down menu, move your mouse cursor over the help selector and click About Opera in the side menu that appears.
- In the next window, Opera automatically checks for updates and displays the current version. If updates have been installed, click the Relaunch Now button to restart the browser.
Other Internet browsers are available, but we cannot provide instructions on how to update them. If your browser is not listed above, the following list provides some general tips for updating your browser.
- Check the Help or Settings menu or look for a Help section in the browser’s main menu. A browser’s update utility is often found there.
- If you can’t find a help section, look in your browser’s main menu for a section called Update or Update.
- If you cannot find a Help, Update or Update section in your browser, visit the browser developer’s website for more information.
Final Words: How to Update Web Browsers on PC
Hope you understand this article, How to Update Web Browsers on PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.