Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown into the largest international health development organization based in Africa; currently implements over 140 programs, directly reaching over 12 million people in 35 African countries. Based in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in eight countries in Africa, including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi, South Sudan, Zambia and Senegal. Amref’s work in each country responds to local needs and priorities build existing capacities in communities to take control of their health and strengthen local health systems. In addition, eleven advocacy and fundraising offices are located in Europe and North America. In the spirit of Ubuntu, partnership and networking are key elements of Amref Health Africa’s approach. Amref has a staff of over 1,500 people.
Amref Health Africa is driven by its vision of “Sustainable health change in Africa” and its mission ‘To increase sustainable access to health for communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, delivery of health services and investments in health”.
UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE (UHC) DELIVERY LABORATORY
The UHC Delivery Lab is a regional hub that helps African countries accelerate their journey towards UHC and facilitates shared learning on UHC issues in the region. The UHC Delivery Lab is based on the work of the AHAIC Commission’s report on the state of UHC in Africa and aims to support countries and institutions to contextualize and implement the recommendations of the report.
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The Coordinator will support the Executive Office Senior Health Policy Advisor in coordinating the activities of the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Delivery Lab.
- Develop and monitor country-specific work plans based on country requests and varying national approaches.
- Coordinate commitments within countries and regional institutions.
- Work closely with administrative teams to coordinate country requests which may vary, but are not limited to internal and external team travel for staff/contractor recruitment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Country Teams to escalate requests to the Senior Health Policy Advisor and, in collaboration with the Policy Analyst, articulate the rationale for proposed support requests from different Country Teams and Institutions.
- Maintain a consistent and effective communication channel with national officials and other relevant internal (Amref teams) and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various teams, including but not limited to ICT and administrative teams.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with various internal and external teams.
- Support in the drafting of reports and key documents, in particular in the collection of national deliverables.
- Track requests with budget implications and escalate to the Senior Health Policy Advisor.
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team as necessary for effective stakeholder engagement.
- Maintain an overview of multiple program activities in implementing countries.
- Any other assigned task.
- Master in Public Health, Health Policy and/or Health Systems
- Postgraduate training in project management
- Five (5) years of relevant public health experience
- Experience supporting health projects in more than one country
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analysis and attention to detail
- Good coordination, problem solving and networking skills
- Highly organized and strong presentation skills
- team player
- Very organized
- Politically astute
- Ability to maintain an overview
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High integrity and honesty
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Hard working and results oriented
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and logical manner
How to register
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/coordinator-universal-health-coverage-delivery-lab/ to apply. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. The closing date will be June 16, 2022. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Due note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at any stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in the recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.