by Apoorva Komarraju
August 17, 2021
Are you ready to be part of the technological revolution?
The tech industry is dynamic and that means working here can range from customer support to solving technical queries, programming a new cloud system, and analyzing multiple rows and columns of data. Because of this diversity, job applicants need to be prepared with the right skills.
Advances in technology have made the role of security more important than ever. From support services to networking roles, every area of the tech world depends on security. If you are looking to enter the IT field, these skills will come in handy.
- Knowledge of physical, network and software security
- Installation and maintenance of firewalls and routers
- Encryption of all data
- Risk mitigation strategy and threat analysis
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA and CCPA
- Ethical hacking and penetration testing
If you want to develop software, applications, and build websites, you need to be able to program. As automation supports many industrial tasks, there are a few programming languages that need to be mastered.
The amount of data we all produce in a day is huge, add that to the benefit it gives businesses through insight, and data analytics becomes a critical role. Being able to analyze data helps monitor performance and detect security threats or identify inefficiencies in business functions. Important skills to know are:
Systems and Network
Business functions will stop if the computers stop functioning. It’s the job of the IT department to make sure the devices are working properly. The positions related to this are system administrators and network administrators. These skills are transferable and can also be used to work with cloud administration and security. The basic skills are:
- Administration of various operating systems such as Windows and Mac
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware and software
- Administration and cloud applications
- Maintenance of systems such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), storage area networks (SAN) and virtual private networks (VPN)
- Help employees with technical problems
DevOps serves as a bridge between software development and IT. DevOps, short for development and operations, requires skills that can function in areas such as:
- Understanding of continuous delivery theory
- Container technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
- Languages like Python, Ruby and C
- Familiarity with cloud operations
Machine learning has become one of the best areas after AI. ML skills are needed for programmers and data professionals, not just ML engineers. It is important to master the basics of ML-like:
- Parametric and non-parametric algorithms
- Deep learning techniques
One of the most in-demand skills in 2021 around the world, cloud computing skills range from building the right cloud infrastructure to maintaining them and updating systems. Working with cloud technology can take you to positions such as cloud developer, cloud administrators, and cloud architect. All this will be possible with these basic skills:
- Google cloud
- Azure blue
Share this article